Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Reunion

Since my little sis, Ally, already posted about this family reunion on her blog, I figured I'd better step up and make sure I did a post too-just to make sure my cute kiddos were represented. Also, my Dad took over 500 pictures of the 3 day event, so we gotta' put these pics to good use. (He's the self proclaimed family historian, so 500 pics is nothing when your capturing memories :-)

In mid July we traveled down to my Mom's house in Southern AZ. When we left for the trip @ 5:30 in the evening, it was 123 degrees. The next day when we got to my Mom's it was barely 93. The following 2 days were only in the upper 80's. My kids were in heaven being able to play outside!! Here's Audree and her cousin Jarom:
And this is what my family does best, congregate in the kitchen and eat:

Sophee and Jessica:

This is Kory's favorite pastime whenever my family gets together:

Sophee was such a willing participant to be photographed:

The grand kids enjoying Grandma's homemade pizza:
(This is only about 1/2 the grand kids. There are 17 with another one on the way).

How many kids can you cram onto a teeter totter??

Good food, good times. And hey, Kory was even awake this time . . .

It was so cute how Josh 'teeter tottered' with Joel. He was super careful not to send Joel flying through the air-especially since he's got over 100 pounds on him.
What family get together would be complete without one of us girls getting their hair done?
Hey, we're a thrifty family. Plus, it gives us girls an excuse to hang out in the kitchen and just talk some more. Kory gets a little sick of just 'talking' all the time-hence the many naps.

My brother Stephen just got home from his mission a couple weeks before the reunion, it was so great to be able to see him again. He's still just as goofy as ever.

While the women were happy to just talk, make jewelry and bows, do crafts with the kids, and eat, the men had to do something with all of their testosterone. Enter the shooting range:



We also got to celebrate my Mom and Kory's birthday-which happens to be on the same day!!
Here's their cute cake:

Kory sharing the spotlight-a rare occurrence-with my Mom:

The fabulous Evans women (minus my cute SIL Candace):
Me, Erika, My Mom, My SIL Becky, Allison, and Emily-who is expecting her 1st baby-WAHOO!!
The funniest birthday gift of the night definitely had to be this book for Kory.
It's called "What's your Poo telling you". Thanks Becky, it was good for a bunch of laughs and anytime the kids have friends over they run and grab the book to 'show it off'.

All in all we had a great time. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be than hanging out with my family-they are truly my greatest blessing and I love them sooooo much. Thanks guys for all the memories. Let's do it again next year. My house. I'll supply the food, housing, and entertainment-which will be in the form of sanding and refinishing kitchen cabinets-Wahoo!
Mark your calenders now!!

3 comments:

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

My MIL has that book, "What is Your Poo Telling You"!!! It's hilarious! :)

Mom said...

I wouldn't mind a "redo the kitchen" family reunion at your house...although NOT with 18 grandchildren running around, too! There is a limit to the amount of "fun" a person can endure!:-D

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I agree with Mom, I'm all down for a kitchen reno! Did you read my blog post that I wrote about being in Michigan? Though it frightens me to tackle big house projects, I'm always MORE THAN HAPPY to do them with a bunch of gals (who happen to be awesome and more importantly, happen to be my family)!

Your post turned out so much better and more story-like than mine! I laughed whenever you talked about Kory sleeping and how he dealt with the boringness by sleeping! HAHAHA!! That was great. And I read the poo book on the way home (because I bought a copy) and laughed so hard at times I was nearly crying. Loren, on the other hand, refused to allow me to read it out loud as he was thoroughly disgusted. I'm sure if it was Kory reading it to him he'd have no problem. :P

Loren had a blast and I'm sure he'd love to come back next year.