Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeding the ducks

After spending Saturday and Sunday leisurely watching general conference, and being spiritually uplifted, my children were ready to get out of the house-can you believe that they weren't all that excited about watching conference? As I was watching the first session on Sat. and listening to this lovely sister's talk on reverence, and how we need to teach our children reverence, Sophee comes up to me and screams, "I WANT TO WATCH SPONGEBOB!" about 5 times. Lovely.

Anyway, we decided that we would take the kids to feed the ducks Sunday evening. Here are the only 2 ducks we ran into:
Needless to say, after about a few minutes of throwing bread crumbs those 2 birds had all they could possibly want.

And the kids moved on to collecting sea shells . . .

. . . and wading in the water in their church shoes-CHURCH SHOES! Why is that child wearing her church shoes? Oh well, not much I can do about it now . . .




As Sophee was walking in the water she slipped and fell, and got completely soaked. I thought she'd immediately start crying because the water was quite cold but no, she just embraced it and decided 'What the heck? I'm already wet', might as well just do this:

Humoring Mom and holding still long enough for her to snap a picture of all 4 of them together:

Looking at the great and spacious buildings:

So that was our little family outing. We totally enjoyed having Dad home with us for almost the whole weekend-and I think we 'conveniently' ran out of gas for the lawn mower just so Dad wouldn't have to work to hard.

3 comments:

Mom said...

How cute! I loved all the pictures and Sophee's Sponge Bob comment was hysterical...it definitely brought back a few "General Conference memories" of a house full of children! :-D

Emily and John said...

Those are REALLY cute pictures! And they turned out great! I LOVE feeding the ducks! 2 of them like that will eat up a whole loaf of bread, as I am sure you noticed!!
That picture with Sophee in the water was funny. :D

Lawana said...

How funny! I was thinking the exact same thing after the reverence talk... When does it get any better?