Friday, July 17, 2009

Come on. Really?

I'm dreaming of this:


Instead I have this:

It's 5:30 p.m. I just got back from running errands with my 2 little girls-which I would never do at this time except that I had to wait until my son was at work-and I just called time & temp.
It's 122 degrees here people.
Yes, it's true. The thermostat in my car actually said it was 124, but that tends to run a little high. As I was walking back in the house I could literally feel the sun burning my legs.
The kids and I went swimming this morning at 10:00. The water felt good-if you managed to stay in the shaded part of the pool.
Who lives like this? I do. I've never really liked the thought of living out in the boonies, but right now a cabin up in the mountains is sounding pretty good.

7 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Sounds like you need to move to Texas. Yes, there's humidity, but it's NEVER that hot.

Erika Cluff said...

We hit 115 and I am dying. And it's not a dry heat either - the humidity level is at 60%! Hence, I expect a several hundred dollar air conditioning bill next month!

Mom said...

It was 91 degree in Sonoita today (and 95 in Hereford)...maybe Kory's idea of living "in the sticks" isn't such a bad one after all! :-D

amber:) said...

no freaking kidding! WHY do we live here?! I have hardly left my house this week, my poor kids are going stir crazy- maybe I'll have to brave it and go swimming with you guys next week.

Emily and John said...

Lol! That made me laugh, but not the part where you're dying over there. ;)
Ok, how about this? I lived in GA when it was 90 something degrees with 100% humidity!!! Yeeeah! UNBEARABLE!! I'll take 122 degrees of dry heat over that any day (of course if I had a choice I wouldn't take either ;p).

John said...

I know what you're going through! Of course, I was living in a tent...in Iraq...

So yeah, Bullhead City = Baghdad. Yay!!! ;p

Shan said...

That is so true!! I definately don't miss the heat!! I do miss all you guys though, you were totally worth the heat!! I miss all the pool parties!!