Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I celebrated my 33rd birthday this past Sunday. It actually turned out a lot nicer than I expected. As an adult I've come to expect that nothing special really happens on your birthday-especially when you're a Mom, and in charge of making your own cake-it's just not all that fun.

Anyway, Thursday night my SIL, Kris, called me up and asked me if I would like to drive up to Cedar with her that weekend to pick up one of her daughters from EFY, and we could do some shopping in Vegas, see a show in St. George, and spend the night there, since she had to be in Cedar at 8:00 a.m. to pick up her daughter. She twisted my arm pretty hard, so I gave in.

We got to Vegas Friday morning right at about 10:00 and did a bunch of shopping-I got some cool new clothes (which was all I asked Kory for anyway), ate lunch, then headed to St. George around 4:00.

Once in St. George we checked into our room, then quickly made our way up to the Tuachan Theater where their local high school was putting on the "High School Musical 2" play. We took Kaylee and Sydney with us because we thought this would be a fun summertime experience for them. It turned out to be really cute and we all enjoyed it. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, but the girls got signatures from a lot of the cast members afterwards-including Troy, wahoo!

Saturday morning the girls and I slept in while Kris ran up to Cedar (about an hour from St. George). Then she came back to pick us up and we went out to breakfast at Denny's. I love breakfast. I love to eat out. Period. If only I had lots more money-I'd eat out all the time.

I got back home Saturday afternoon to a nice and clean house. Kory was just heading out to take the kids to McDonalds so Kaylee went with him and I had a peaceful nap, in my quiet, clean house.

Sunday morning-my actual birthday-I made myself some refridgerated cinnamon rolls, and announced that that was all I would be making that day, and everyone had to fend for themselves. After church we had lunch, then I laid down for another peaceful nap. At about 5:30 the kids came pounding on my door telling me it was time to get up. When I came downstairs I found that the kids had cleaned the house-again-and my husband had made dinner! This pic was taken after we had already eaten most of it-it was BBQ chicken, potato salad, and rolls. This was such a sweet gesture-since Kory rarely ever cooks.

Shortly after sitting down to eat my Mother and Father-in-law showed up with my niece and nephew and a pan of brownies, then, not even 5 mins. later my Brother and Sister-in-law, Kerry and Amber, showed up with their kids and a nice little gift for me. I was pretty surprised-especially since I was sitting there in my nightgown. According to my in-laws, they had to crash the party since we never invite them over.
Kory even remembered dessert and bought me an ice cream cake. I so love ice cream cakes.
Wow! Shopping, eating out, seeing a play, having my house cleaned for me, and dinner made by my husband-it turned out to be a pretty great birthday after all!

4 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I love good birthdays. Actually no, I hate birthdays and I loathe the day it happens for me. I call it the "Day of Doom". I'm coming to realize that age really is just a number. I don't feel any older than 18 (shoot, I'm just like the beehives in our ward).

But I'm glad that yours was fun and that you had dinner made by Kory. I love it when Loren makes me dinner. It's the sweetest gesture and almost better than getting an actual, physical gift.

Happy Birthday!

Becky said...

Happy birthday Andrea! Wow, that sounds like an awesome birthday! I love Kory's gift! That is totally all I want for my birthday, a clean house, that I didn't have anything to do with. Good job Kory!!! Oh... I love icecream cakes too! YUMMY!!!

Shan said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great one!!

Mindie said...

I did not know it was your Birthday! You and my sister Kacie have the same Birthday! How fun! Well we need to go to Lunch or something fun maybe get our toes done :)