Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome to my home

I finally put up my Christmas stuff. It's nothing to shout about, but I'd thought I'd share anyway, since we don't get a whole lot of visitors.

So come on in! My stockings are actually hung in the hallway, and not over the fireplace. Kaylee is a bit put out about that one, but I didn't want to put nails in my mantle to hang this cute board. Yes, if you're counting, there are 7 stockings. We had to put up a stocking for Coal. He is family after all. (Plus, when you buy your stockings at the dollar store, it's not a big deal to throw in an extra one for the dog).


I made this snowman a couple of years ago. He's been loved a little too much. Every time I turn my back the little girls feel the need to pick him up and dance with him.

A few dollar store Christmas signs:

We put up our big tree in the family room, since that's where we spend most of our time, so I put up my cute little alpine trees in this corner in the living room:

Here's the family room. I completely gave free reign to the kids and let them put up all the ornaments on the tree. Needless to say, we have a lot of ornaments that are all clumped together:

Here's a bigger view of the family room. Complete with a cute little black dog:

Thanks for coming to visit!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HeHe!Coal is so cute although his hair is in his eyes, he needs a hair-cut!!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Cute! What a fun tour through your house! I love it! I love your red door with the wreath. It looks sooo purdy!

Mom said...

Your house looks wonderful and so "Christmasy"!!!

Did you get new curtains in your family room? At first I thought you were "going all out" in keep with the seasonal theme by adding red throw pillows and then I noticed that your curtains have red stripes in them, too! Those haven't always been there, have they?