Monday, January 4, 2010

And now that all the Christmas decorations are put away . . .

I figured it would be a good time to post about our Christmas.

We had a special visitor come to our ward party. Sophee refused to sit on Santa's lap, so here's Audree:

Kaylee also refused to sit on Santa's lap, but we made her stand next to him so I could take a picture. (Note-she's not afraid of Santa, she's just too cool to sit on his lap).

Josh couldn't wait for his turn to ask Santa for a bike.


Then Dad joined in on the fun:


Here are some of the Burgess cousins. Those are Kerry's kids with ours. Sophee figured if she could be at least 2 people away from Santa she would be in the pic.


Christmas Eve presents turned out to be P.J's again. This might be a new tradition for us.


I must say, before we move on, that I am aware that there are a lot of pics of Sophee-Yes, I know. She's the baby. Plus, she was the most willing to pose. I also just realized that the date on my camera was off by a day-so no, we didn't open everything on Christmas Eve.
In our family we recycle all the boxes we can find shortly before Christmas (I'm doing my part to save the planet), then use them to wrap our gifts. Here's Sophee saying, "Capri Sun! It's not Capri Sun!"

Sophee and her loot. Don't you just love the pose? I tried to get her to sit there normally, but this is how she rolls:

An earring holder from Grandma & Grandpa Evans, and a new outfit:

Posing in her new clothes:


More new clothes:


Here's Audree with her presents. Notice the 'Touch n' Brush'. This child asked for that for her birthday-before they came out in stores. I thought it was such a funny thing to ask for, but she was way excited about it.



Cute cupcake earrings from Grandma and Grandpa Evans, and new clothes:


Kaylee in her new clothes, complete with sneaker earrings from G & G Evans:


*And here's the part where I realize I did not get a picture of Kaylee with all her presents.
I know I told that child to gather up her stuff so we could take a picture! Yes, she's a middle child.*

Here's Josh and all his presents. Santa actually came through with that bike. Whew, because Mom and Dad sure heard (non-stop) about how he was going to get one.

Taking the bike for a spin:

Looking good:

And just so that all my kids are represented in this post, here's my 5th child:

We had a nice, quiet Christmas Eve dinner at Kory's parents house-just us and his parents, since all his siblings had other plans. Then we spent Christmas day at home, just enjoying each other, and rocking out to the new 'Band Hero' the kids got. Then, to wrap up the holidays, for New Year's Kory and I left the kids with Grandma & Grandpa Burgess for a couple of days and went up to Vegas with his brother to just hang out, shop, see a magic show, eat lots of good food. It was a great Christmas/New Year's holiday for us.
We hope everyone else had a great holiday too!

3 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! I loved the Santa pictures of everyone (including Kory!:-D). I'm surprised that Santa still brought something for Kaylee if she was "too cool" to sit on his lap! ;-D Josh looks like he really knows how to handle that new bike!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

How fun! I'm glad Santa got Josh what he wished for!

And the PJ Christmas Eve gift has been tradition for us for the past three years. We like it and they aren't up all night playing with new toys!

Mindie said...

Cute pic's, looks like you had fun!