Thursday, September 16, 2010

Audree turns 8 !!

Our sweet little girl just turned 8!!



She requested that I make 'ring' cupcakes-again. So I decided to change things up a bit and make them into cupcake cones. Yummy! I hadn't has these since I was a little girl. Oh, and since she has a super sweet tooth, just like her Mother, she helped me dip them in colored sprinkles after we frosted them.

Here's Audree getting ready to blow out her candles. We just had a simple little party at home since we would be having the baptism with all the family members later on in the week.

The following Sunday was the big day!! Grandma and Grandpa Evans even got to come, and Grandpa snapped this shot of Audree getting her hair done before leaving for the baptism:

All ready and patiently waiting . . .

Audree was baptized by her Dad. We are so proud of the decision she made to do this!

Kory and his 3 girls. They all seem so angelic now. Life is going to be interesting once they all hit their teens ;-)

Our family:

All in all it was a great baptism. We had all the family members that live in the area here-plus my parents. We are so grateful that they made the trip up to share Audree's special day with her.

3 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

How fun! Wish we could've been there. And I didn't know that they did baptisms on Sundays. They do them here on Saturdays, actually, they do it the first Saturday of the month.

Congrats to Audree! What a big girl and what a big decision she had to make!

Am I seeing Kory SMILE in these photos?? Now that's a first. I rarely remember him smiling in any photos (other than your wedding). :P

Emily and John said...

Those cupcakes look VERY yummy! I would totally be on a sugar high after eating one of those! ;) I should've been there...John had Drill that weekend and I was all alone anyway, but Mom and Dad made plans to head up there and...I sorta forgot John had Drill and, yeeeah. Congrats to Audree! :) Geez, everyone is growing up so quickly!

Erika Cluff said...

I haven't had cupcakes in a cone in forever. What a great idea. Sorry we couldn't make it. I just wasn't up for traveling. The kids did let me know they are super annoyed that we did not attend the baptism. Perhaps with Sophee we can get up there. I would imagine I'll probably come up and visit sometime before Christmas - when we can let the kids play outside all day! Yay for cooler weather.