Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let this be a lesson . . . part 2

Do you remember when this happened?

It was only a couple of months ago. For the whole story, you can read about it here, but to recap I was cleaning out the fridge, on the Sabbath, and I broke the bottom shelf of my fridge. I figured that was my punishment for breaking the Sabbath.

Well, apparently we are having a run of bad luck because this is what we found one morning, while in California, as we were about to head over to Disneyland:




Someone had broken out the front passenger window of our van in order to steal our DVD player's, DVD's, and GPS system that we had left in the car-overnight. This is the lesson to be learned-Don't leave nice things in your car while on vacation. We usually don't. We usually remember to take that kind of stuff in with us but in all the excitement I guess we just forgot.
Although the 2 DVD players only cost me $80 (after Thanksgiving day sale) this was only the second time we had ever used them. Luckily the GPS system was free (a promotion from Kory's work). After we got home we realized that the thief also took Sophee's jacket and a floor mat. A FLOOR MAT! Really? What are they going to do with that?
Kaylee's theory is that the reason for all this was because, since we left for our trip on Sunday, and had to eat out, we were breaking the Sabbath and this was our punishment. Hmmm. You'd think we'd learn.
Anyway, I hope our little misfortune will remind you guys to always bring in your valuables!!


6 comments:

Mom said...

That's TERRIBLE!!! I guess when you live in the "sticks" it's easy to forget that when you're in crowded metro areas you really have to be vigilant! It's a shame it has to be that way. :-( Did your insurance cover everything?

Emily and John said...

That sucks!! Sorry that happened! It's a good thing you didn't pay tons of money on the items stolen.
Let's see here: Erika and Paul had their house broken into, Allison and Loren have had their car broken into (a couple of times was it?), You and Kory just got your car broken into, Nate and Becky: wasn't their something stolen from your yard? I don't remember any stories like this with Jun and Candace. So, yeah, GOOD GRIEF! That leaves me and John. We must be the lucky ones. ;) Just kidding!! Hope I didn't just jinx us! ;)

Mom said...

Actually, Nate and Becky had their car STOLEN from Allison and Loren's parking lot in Phoenix, and then thrashed...remember? Hmmmmm...not a good pattern.:-(

Andi said...

I am so sorry that happened. That is awful. My husband always thinks I am crazy when I start to bring in everything from the car when we are visiting in Salt Lake, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Shan said...

Oh no, that sucks!! I had someone do that to me too on a vacation. It ticks ya off!

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun, and the kids all look so stinkin grown up since the last time we gotta see ya!!

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.