Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is so fascinating to me . . .

Have you guys seen the TLC show "Hoarding: Buried Alive"? I am so fascinated by it.
Kory was asking me the other day why I watch it, and I think it's because it's like a train wreck. You just have to look. Here's a little sampling of what you might see on the show, and no, thankfully this is not a pic from my house:

After watching this show, it makes you feel sooooo much better about the tiny little messes and clutter you may have laying around your house. Infact, it'll make you want to get up and start throwing things away!!

I do realize that most of the people on the show have reasons as to why they do it. Infact, most of them start hoarding after the loss of a loved one, but not always. It's kind of sad to watch people not even be able to throw out trash-like real trash! (used napkins, paper, old food that is rotting away in their fridge.)

Anyway, if you don't have the TLC channel you can go here and check out a couple of minutes of some of the episodes. You will be shocked!

4 comments:

Erika Cluff said...

I love that show! I can't believe how much crap they keep. Everytime I watch it I want to rent a huge garbage bin and clean up their house.

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I love the show too! I have it set to record on my DVR every week. Loren rolls his eyes everytime I put it on but I love watching it and it does make me feel much better about my house.

Mom said...

Wow! It is so unimaginable that people actually live like that (especially since I am one who almost "delights" in throwing stuff away :-D), but also so sad to hear what brought them to that type of life and what they are having to endure because of it.:-(

Andi said...

Thanks for sharing that website. I don't have the channel, but I keep hearing people talk about it and I want to watch it. So, I will have to check out the website.