Monday, May 17, 2010

Dining room-After

What brought on the whole 'it's time to finish this room' project was that Kory's mom gave us her old dining room table and hutch. It's not exactly my style, but it was free-so we made it work.
Anyway, now that we are actually going to be using this room to eat in, the 2 scrapbooking cabinets had to go. So, I had to empty them all out. Onto the dining room table:

This is true Burgess remodeling fashion-complete mess and chaos:


Here's my first helper. I say 'helper' because I actually had to do most of the work-since Kory ended up having to work the next few Saturdays after we started this process. Kory did one wall, and a few trim pieces, and I had to do the rest.

Here are my other 3 helpers, complete with 'safety googles'-since they were helping me hold the paneling while I was cutting it:






Another shot of the half finished walls, and notice, no trim around the window:

Ugly walls:

First wall done. This is the wall Kory and I did one Saturday afternoon on a whim-before we had to move the china cabinet in front of it. We didn't want to have to move that cabinet twice!


Then only a couple weeks later, after many cuts, glueing, caulking, nailing, sweating, multiple trips to Lowes, filling in nail holes, and painting, here we go-the finished product:

I loooove a cute basket:

Not so sure about the vertical hanging of this peg shelf. But, I'm too tired to mess with it at the moment:

Here's my attempt at 'countryfying' my china cabinet. I quite like it if I do say so myself:


Some close ups. I just love the white and the red together. And I'm totally loving the pitchers. I think they are my newest item to collect:

The tea pot was originally a cream color, so I spray painted it red. The ribbon in the plate and vase was baby blue with polka dots, so I changed it out to red-of course. I'm so crafty like that!

Roosters:


A view from the kitchen door. Notice the framed out window? Yep, I'm good.


I'm not loving the backs of the chairs, so I plan on making chair covers, a table runner, and a window valance-one day. Which translates into 1-2 years from now. Especially since it will require a trip to Vegas to get the fabric, and then a trip to a repair shop to get my sewing maching fixed.
But for now, I'm just enjoying the fruits of my labor. Because sooner or later I'm going to need to address the bare walls on the right, and that carpet's totally going to need to be ripped up!


5 comments:

Emily and John said...

DANG! Ya'll did a GREAT JOB! =D It looks soooo pretty! Love that dining table! Where did you get it?

Becky said...

Don't you just LOVE a finished project?!?! It makes all the labor and time worth it. It looks amazing! Great job!

Mom said...

SOOOO DARLING!!!! French-country meets American-country...you tied it in so well and it looks WONDERFUL! I love all the cute knic-knacs in the hutch, and the wall decor, too!! WOW!

Mindie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! U did a GREAT job!

Erika Cluff said...

It looks so good! Great job.