Friday, May 28, 2010

Too many lids, not enough bowls

After not being able to cram any more plastic ware into it's designated drawer I decided it was probably time to clean it out. Am I the only one who ends up with this many extra lids-with no bowls to match?
One good thing to come of it was that I figured I probably had other junk hiding in my kitchen cabinets and cleaned out almost all my bottom cabinets and drawers. Wahoo for de-cluttering!!
(It's one of those 'jobs' that my kids could careless to 'help' me with-so it went pretty fast).

3 comments:

Mom said...

Been there, seen that!!! I, too, have never been able to figure out why the lids seem to multiply while the bowls disappear! Perhaps there is some truth to the nursery rhyme, "...And the dish ran away with the spoon", because my spoons were always disappearing, too!!! :-D

It does feel wonderful, though, to de-clutter!

Becky said...

LOL! Looks like the spoon ran away with the tupperware! I have that problem too, but I think it's more of my kids using the bowls for different projects and never putting them back, and they just vanish into the black hole that is their room.

Good job for cleaning out! I need to do that... I'll add that to my procrastination list. :-)

Emily and John said...

I remember seeing that at Mom's house. :) I think it's just something that happens when you have kids, cause they steal the bowls to use in the playroom or for doing stuff outside and the Spoons issue...yeeeeah those are perfect for digging holes. ;)