Monday, May 17, 2010

Dining room-Before

Since most of my before pics are on our old computer, I'm going to have to do seperate posts for the 'After's'. Either that, or figure out how to e-mail the pics to myself, or download them to a disc, and I just can't be bothered with that right now. It's too much work.
So, here we go. Before pics of our 'formal' dining room that was being used as a craft/computer/catch-all room. This is just off our entry way. Isn't it lovely?

Yes, the walls are horrendous. We had ripped the top half of the blue and pink wall paper off, but the bottom half was not coming off very easily. So, I decided we'd just put up bead board-later. Which translates to 2-3 years later in Burgess time.

Loved that this was the first room (after the entry way) that our guests were able to catch a glimpse of. A little 'white trash' look going on there:

My chandelier is cute though, oh, and the blinds were fairly new:

The pic below is sort of a 'half way' after. When my parents came to visit a couple of years ago we just painted the top half because, as you know, I was going to get around to putting up the beadboard 'later'. That computer armoire housed all my scrapbooking supplies. I do love the baseboards in this house. I'm trying to point out the good things. It's a little hard to notice against the pink carpet!!

You all are just going to have to wait a little bit for the real after pics because, wouldn't you know it, as soon as I get up the energy to actually do this fabulous 'before and after' post, I can't find my camera to download the new pics I just took. I'll have to wait until my kids get home so I can ask them where they put it!! This way I'll keep you on the edge of your seat, just waiting for that grand reveal . . .




1 comment:

amber:) said...

Alright now that you found your camera- I'll let you say where ;) put some pics up! It looks fabulous- when are you coming to fix my house up? hee hee just kidding