Friday, May 28, 2010

Kaylee's Birthday

Kaylee's celebrated her 12th birthday yesterday. Since it was also graduation for some kids, and Kory had to be at the Jr. High for the ceremony, he decided that he was going to go into her classroom and sing Happy Birthday to her before he went on over to the gym. Poor Kaylee. Her Dad just loooooves to embarass her, and when you're a tween, it's not too hard to do.

Anyway, I decided that maybe we should get her some flowers to go along with her Dad's fun little surprise-just to make it worth be embarassed over. Here's Kaylee with her 12 roses:

Since so many of our family members had graduation ceremony's to go to that night we just had a 'low key' family party.

In our family, we have a rule that our girls have to be 12 before they can wear make-up. So, guess what she got?


New clothes:
Shoes to match her new dress:

Flowers, make-up, clothes, shoes, cake and ice cream (oh, and subway for dinner-Kaylee's fav) what more could a girl want?

12 candles would be nice!! Oops, we only had 11 left, maybe Mom will be a little more prepared next time.
And what might Kaylee be doing today? The day after her birthday? She's shopping in Vegas with her Aunt and cousins! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Burgess and Evans for the B-day money!!




5 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Kaylee is so pretty! I'm happy that she got some makeup! I remember covering my face with makeup on the day of my birthday! My friend, who told me I looked great, later said she lied because I had so much on and looked crazy! *Gee, thanks*

I absolutely LOVE the fact that Kory went to the school and sang happy birthday to her! AHHAAAAAHAHAHA! That's just classic.

And about the candles, we had Darren's b-day party (the first I've ever thrown because I fear Darren's going through "middle child syndrome") and I only had TWO candles! Whoooops!

Mom said...

It looks like her 12th birthday was great! How fun that Kory could "embarrass" her at school...although I would guess that she secretly really loved it, and especially the roses...they were BEAUTIFUL! :-D

It's hard to believe that she is in YW and old enough to wear makeup...where has the time gone!!!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!!! I can't believe how quickly the time flies! Welcome to Young Womens! It's the best! You get to go to Girls camp this year!!!! LUCKY! Girl's Camp is the BEST!

How fun the Dad got to sing in her class! That is awesome!

Kaylee is stunning! she is growing up beautifully and I can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!

Emily and John said...

Kayless is SO gorgeous! I keep thinking how much she is going to be a hearthrob and Kory is really going to have to keep an eye out on her. ;) Looks like she had an awesome b-day!! I was just thinking it's good that Subway is her favorite fast food cause then she won't develop horrible eating habits of eating fatty fast food! ;) Happy b-day Kib!!! :D

Mandy said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. She looks just like you Andrea. Happy birthday Kaylee