Friday, May 28, 2010

Josh's 8th grade graduation

Josh graduated from Jr. High on May 27, 2010. It was pretty bittersweet for me. I have so loved his teachers, and they've been wonderful to him but, he has been talking about going to High School for at least 6 months now, so I guess I just have to face the inevitable!

Here's Josh with his teacher, Ms. Russo (in the purple), and one of his aides, Ms. Jameson:
(the date is totally wrong on this pic)
Josh getting an award from Principal Young for perfect attendance:
Getting his diploma from the principal (a man in our ward who is so good to Josh-we just love him to death):

Since Dad is on the school board, Josh got to shake his hand-then give him a hug:


After the ceremony, in his classroom. Grandma and Grandpa Burgess got to come!

He's officially a freshman now. Sniff Sniff. I'm getting old.

5 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

That's so great! Josh is getting so big and handsome! What a sweetheart! I can't believe he's already a freshman though! That. is. terrifying! Not because he's getting older but because I remember the day he was born, and when he was super little, and when he was three and four and all the times between then and NOW.

I don't feel old but when I read this post about Josh that I clearly remember as a baby and is now going through pivotal moments that were super huge in my life (like going to high school), yeah, it makes me think I'm super old.

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

AND.... you look great! Keep up the good work!

Mom said...

I can't believe Josh is going to be in high school, either! He has grown into such a good-looking young man!

How nice that he could recieve an award and then have Bro. Young and Kory there to present it to him; I'm sure he was thrilled.

Wow! The 27th was quite an eventful day for your family!

(Also, I agree with Allison, that picture of you looks REALLY good...keep up the great work!)

Becky said...

High School?!?!?! That is so amazing! Between Kaylee going into YW, and Josh heading into HS, I'm with Allison... I'm beginning to feel a little old. When I married Nate Kaylee was only 18 months old or so and josh was about 3 or 4 or so! They were both so little... and to see them growing and maturing into young adults, it's incredible.

Good luck in High School Josh! It will be some of the funnest and best years ever. Just always remember that your Mom and Dad know best... no matter what your friends may say. :-)

Emily and John said...

Yay for Josh!! :D Gosh, I can't believe how old he is!? Where has the time gone!? I know he will love HS. It's not the BEST, but it is CERTAINLY better than middle school! ;)