Monday, January 26, 2009

Meals for Mom's Like Me Monday

Today's recipe: Montreal Grilled Steak

Okay, here's my little secret for an awesome steak :-) It's just too easy.

You can sprinkle it right on the steak (very lightly-don't go overboard) or, even better, make the marinade (the directions and ingredients are listed on the bottle). All you need is 1/4 C. olive oil, 2Tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. of the seasoning, and your steak. One little trick I like to do is to stab the steak with a fork all over so that the marinade can 'seep' in. Throw it all in a ziploc bag-it only has to marinade for 30 minutes-love that! Then just cook it until your desired doneness.

If you don't have a BBQ'er you can do this in your oven, on a broiler pan, on the broil setting-just move the oven rack up a notch.

If you're going to do burgers you can sprinkle 1 Tbsp. into 1 pound of ground beef, then mix it up and form into patties. Cook until desired doneness.

McCormick also makes some other neat 'Grill Mates'. Here are the ones I have:

It's a little hard to read, but they are 'Montreal Steak' (our fav.), Hamburger, Roasted Garlic Chicken, and Spicy Montreal steak. I haven't tried the last two simply because we use the first one the most, and I'd forgotten I had the others. Wahoo! Something new to try.

Okay, there you go. If anyone else out there wants to start posting simple recipes on their blog then by all means let me know so I can try them out-I'm always on the hunt for something quick, easy, and good.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love the McCormics seasonings! They are the best! I never noticed the maranade recipe on the back before though! Thanks for pointing that out, I'm going to try it!

Mom said...

Sounds wonderfully easy...and I think I even have some of that Montreal Steak...I'll definitely have to give it a try. Thanks!