Monday, February 2, 2009

Is it Monday already

I just realized it's Monday. I also just realized that my 'question mark' key is not working-hence the reason there is not a question mark in the title when, clearly, there should be. Sorry about the bad grammar. Here's today's simple dinner idea. I just call it Sausage & Au Gratin's: All you need is a family size box of Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes and a big link of smoked sausage (found with all the hot dogs, etc). Mix up the potatoes in a 9 X 13 pan according to package directions, except omit the butter (the sausage has enough fat in it, we don't need anymore). Slice up your sausage, throw it in the pan, then cook according to the directions on the box. That's it. Now you officially have a 'meat and potatoes' dinner.

4 comments:

Mom said...

That does look good, and I have LOTS of au gratin potatoes in my pantry that I need to do something "interesting" with! Thanks for the idea.

Shan said...

very simple!! I will have to give it a try! Mike is totally a meat and potatoes man!

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shan said...

very simple!! I will have to give it a try! Mike is totally a meat and potatoes man!