Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our trip to Brianhead

In true Burgess fashion we decided at the last minute to take a trip up to Brianhead Ski resort (in Utah). We have some friends who own a condo up there, and they graciously let us use it. Kory had been trying to talk me into going-since we missed out on going skiing with my sister and her husband due to lack of babysitters-but I wasn't thrilled about the idea of taking all the kids up there, especially when none of them know how to ski, and we didn't have any ski clothes for them. Well, turns out my SIL was able to provide us with almost all the ski clothes we needed for the kids, so we decided to do it. Here's what it looks like to pack for a 3 day trip for a family of 6:

The packing and un-packing is always the worst part. Thank goodness for the 'stow-and-go' feature on our van. We had to tie Kory's snow board to the top.

The first morning out in the snow. The kids were beyond thrilled. The 3 older ones have been in the snow before, but didn't remember it, and this was Sophee's first time ever.

Wahoo! Snow angels! Where we live, you only get to make dirt angels. This is Audree:

Me and my fabulous man. That's the condo we stayed in behind us. You could literally just ski right out the door and down to the chair lift, then come down the hill and ski right back in the door when you were done. How awesome is that?

Sophee and Josh on the sled.

This is Sophee waiting to go down to the hot tub. She sure loved those little polka dotted boots.

The kids just outside the condo.


I love this next picture of Audree and Sophee. It gives you the impression that they might actually like each other after all.

Josh attempting to sled down the hill.

Kory taught Kaylee how to ski. Look at her coming down the hill! She caught on pretty fast, and her Dad says she's a 'natural'.

Kaylee looking so confident in her new ability. She didn't even need the poles.

Kaylee and Kory.

Well that's it. We also took the kids tubing, and on a sleigh ride, but didn't get pictures of that because my camera battery died. That always seems to happen to me. Maybe I need a back up battery. Anyway, the kids all kept saying, "I wished we lived in the snow!" Ha! Been there, done that. They probably would've changed their minds had we stayed longer than 3 days. All I know is that it seemed to take about an hour to get everyone all dressed up in their ski bibs, boots, hats, gloves, etc. But it was a great time for the whole family, and I'm glad we decided to go.

3 comments:

Erika Cluff said...

I am so glad your family had fun! The weather looked amazing - just like in Flagstaff. We're still bummed you guys couldn't come with us, but we'll have to plan a trip next year. Paul was wishing he had someone to go "faster" with him on some more challenging runs. As it was I kept falling down the easy hill!

Andrea said...

Yea...Skiing down that hill was fun! My dad said he was impressed with how it toke me oly about a hour and a half to figure it out, i fell a few times but yea. My mom came when she toke thoese pics and said me and dad had about an hour to go, so about two more times up the lift, when we went about five at the rate i was going! I was gald!
Oh by the way its kaylee

Becky said...

That looks like so much fun!
Kaylee, I'm so impressed with your skiing skills! I've never been skiing... maybe someday I'll crash your party and join you up in Utah! I know Andrew and Austin would love that. Maybe Kaylee could teach them how to ski.