Friday, February 13, 2009

Stylin' Soph

The other morning I set out some clothes for Sophee and told her that we would be going to the store as soon as we got dressed and ready for the day-then I hopped in the shower. When I got out this is what she looked like, all 'dolled' up:

She dressed herself, did her hair and put on the headband and glasses. Then she picked out the necklace and asked me to put it on her. Isn't it funny how, when little kids first start brushing their own hair, they totally slick in down so that it's plastered to their head? Of course you can't do anything about it-you just have to let it be. So off we went to the store-with Soph looking like the 'Diva' that she is, and me looking like a frumpy Mom. It's pretty bad when your 4 year old looks better than you.

3 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

That's adorable! She's so cute.

I don't feel so bad when my kids look better than me. I guess it makes me appear selfless; that I love my kids more than myself.

I feel rotten when I'm the dolled up ones and my kids look like orphan children.

I think Soph's hair looks cute!

Mom said...

She is such a cutie!!! Her "fashion sense" reminds me a LOT of her Aunt Erika at that age!

Erika Cluff said...

I wish I still had some fashion sense! I think I need to enter myself on TLC's "what not to wear". When my 4 year old neice is more stylin' than I am - that is not so great. But she looks very cute so that makes up for it, and it totally fits her personality.