Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chicken pesto pasta

Today's easy recipe comes from the genious ladies over at the 'All is safely gathered in' blog. Go here to get the recipe. There's also a great picture of it.
It's called Chicken pesto pasta and the only ingredients are canned chicken, a little bit of olive oil, bow tie noodles, pesto sauce, and almonds. It's super delicious and my whole family loves it.
My only suggestion, unless you have a garden full of basil, is to just buy the pesto sauce. If your not sure what that is it's just basil, pine nuts, some garlic, maybe a few other things, I don't know, I'm not a chef-it's pretty good stuff. Looks disgusting in the jar, but don't let that fool you. Here's the kind I bought:

You can find it in the spagetti aisle, with all the sauces there. This little jar was about $2.50, but I will get at least 3 meals out of it. A closer look:

You gotta' try it! Plus, the bonus to this meal is that all the ingredients can be stored in your pantry. It makes for a great food storage meal. Happy cooking ladies!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

wow mom, interesting i guess

oh this is kaylee by the way...