Sunday, March 22, 2009

We have a new reader in the house

Audree's our little Kindergartener. She has really jumped into reading with her feet first! She loooooves to read and sound words out. She is now reading a bunch of Dr. Seuss' beginner books, and has taken over my job as the 'bedtime story reader'.
This is Audree reading 'Bears on wheels' to Sophee. Please excuse Soph's half nakedness, that's just the norm-she runs around in her panties at home all day long. Must be nice.

I tried to get Sophee to put her hands down for the picture to which she replied, "I'm just showing you how old you have to be when you get baptized!" Well, at least I know she was paying attention in class today (I was her substitute teacher).


3 comments:

Erika Cluff said...

Looks like we have a stipper in the house - just kidding. She reminds me of that pic of us when we were "sharing" an outfit. I had on the pants and you had on the shirt! My girls loved Dr. Suess week at school and have been reading our Dr. Suess books constantly. It's fun to listen to them - but Jarom gets annoyed because they read to slow.

Mom said...

Congratulations to Audree on being such a good reader already!!! How fun, and helpful, that she can now read to Sophee, too!

Emily and John said...

Audree is just like I was at her age when it came to reading. :)
Sophee holding up two four fingers to symbolize age 8..clever. And cute! :D