Monday, March 30, 2009

Proof

I just wanted to prove to you all that my cake decorating class was not taken in vain (after seeing Soph's plain jane cake in the post below)! Really, I am somewhat capable of doing a bit fancier of a cake. I guess that's what happens when Mommy goes out of town for the weekend, then has to come home and cram for her 4 tests. Here are some of my previous cakes. I've done many more, but that was back before my digital camera.
This first one is Sophee's 4th birthday cake:



This was Audree's 3rd birthday cake:

Then this one is Audree's 6th birthday cake:


Okay, I suppose that's enough of me 'tooting my own horn'. Love you guys!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Those are all SO CUTE!!! I knew you could make beautiful cakes, but I don't recall seeing any of those! As for the supposed "plain Jane" cake in your previous post...I actually thought it was adorable especially for something that was put together "on the spur of the moment". Obviously, you don't get your cake decorating talent from your mother, as I'm sure you recall, the best I could ever come up with were those candy "Happy Birthday" sets in the cake-mix section of the store, where you'd have to wet the back of the paper onto which the words were attached to release the letters so I could quickly put them on the frosting before it dried! :-P

Emily and John said...

HOLY COW! You MADE those!! You are awesome!! The Dora one must have taken forever! I remember when Mom made me a "cat" cake and I thought it was the coolest thing. :D

Lawana said...

Wow! Impressive! My cake decorating classes were in vain. I'd rather go buy one than put the time into making it... I think it's because I don't do it often enough. Good job Andrea!