Monday, March 30, 2009

Sophee turns 5!

Sophee turned 5 yesterday. This year I decided that we would scale back on our b-day parties and just have them at home with family. The minute Sophee woke up she wanted to open her presents. Here she is, sitting on the table, with one of her gifts:


I got this little market at Sam's club on an after Christmas clearance deal, the kids have been having a lot of fun with it-all 4 of them enjoy playing with it. See the little Snow white doll she is holding? That was another one of her gifts. It was originally for one of her little friends who had a b-day party last month but the minute she saw it she freaked out that we were giving it away and begged, pleaded, and cried for it. Normally I would've just given it to the friend, then gone and bought another one, but this one was the last one, on clearance. So I gave in and told her she could have it, but would have to wait for her b-day. Note to self: Always wrap b-day presents for friends before your kids see it.
Here she is, looking a little more put together.
What a cute little 5 year old!

Since Kory's sister came into town from Seattle we had a BBQ over at Grandma's and celebrated Sophee's birthday there. Here's Grandma lighting the candles:

And here's the cake. She wanted a tinkerbell cake, and I had every intention of making her one, something way more adorable than this one, but I had a very busy weekend. So I decided I'd just buy her one. Well, Wal-mart had a cake, the same size as this one, with cheap-o tinkerbell rings on it for $20. So I figured I'd just do a very simple cake and buy her the figurines that go along with the little tinkerbell house that she got. I saved myself $8 doing it this way, and now she gets to keep the figurines-plus, she thought the cake was great! I'm so thrifty like that. (Good thing 5 year olds are fairly easy to please).

Blowing out the candles:

And there you have it. Our simple birthday party. I just recently found the pics of her 4th birthday party. I should post of few of those because the cake that I did for that was really cute.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Soph is so adorable and so GROWN UP!!! It looks like she had a really fun birthday with lots of great gifts. It's hard to believe she is 5 already!

Emily and John said...

Awww, looks like she got lots of cool toys! I would've LOVED to have had to cool toys they have now when I was a kid!! And Soap is 5 already! My goodness time flies!