Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let Summertime begin!

Where we live, it's officially summertime when you're able to go swimming in an un-heated pool.

That would be May for us.

So, to start off with, first we have Kaylee's 5th grade graduation. This August she will be in Jr. High. That's a scary thought. Here's their cake: Kaylee with her 'Diploma'.
Kaylee had a little swim party for her 11th birthday, and since she's soooo into music these days I decided to make her an i-pod cake. Here's Kaylee with her 2 best buds:

Kaylee and her friends just 'chillin' in the pool.

It's a beautiful thing when all your children know how to swim. No more floaties! This just happened for me last month. Here's Audree demonstrating her skills:

And here's Soph:

Josh showing us his jumping skills:

Here's Audree. She's my only nose-plugger, and it drives her Dad insane. I was a nose-plugger for the longest time, so I have sympathy for her. I should also mention that this beautiful pool and yard belong to my BIL & SIL. They are so great to let us barge in on them all summer long and use it whenever we want. By the end of the Summer they're ready to lock their doors and gates.

Squeezing into a cooler-just for the fun of it.
Kaylee:
Audree:

Sophee:
There you have it-the beginning of our Summertime. What could be better than squeezing into the cooler? Wahoo! Let the party begin!

3 comments:

Mom said...

It's wonderful that all your children can now swim so that you don't have to worry about them, and extra nice that Kelly and Kris are kind enough to let you use their pool so often...what a fun summer!

I also LOVE the cake you made for Kaylee's birthday, it is ADORABLE!!!

Becky said...

How fun! I am so impressed with that cake! You have some amazing cake decorating skills. I hope you have an awesome summer... I'm sure you will!

Andi said...

Great job on the ipod cake!! I am glad that my kids aren't the only one's that love to fit into small things!! It worries my mom!! They both got into her suitcase at the same time and had her zip it up.