Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Master bedroom-before and after

This is my master bedroom-before. If you can't tell, the wall with the window is plain drywall, with little remnents of wallpaper. The opposite wall is mint green. Here is the beautiful wall I got to look at every night before bed . . . for three years. It used to be wallpapered, but most of it was ripped off before we moved in.
Same wall-it's just long.
The main reason we haven't done anything about this room is because I wanted to finish some projects downstairs first, since that is what most people see. No one ever goes into your bedroom-especially when it's upstairs. Anyway, it was quite the undertaking. These 2 ugly walls had to have all the little pieces of wallpaper scraped off, some parts patched, then sanded, then dusted down before I could even do the primer.
Here's an 'in-the-process' picture, I had just primed the 2 walls:
*and yes, I do know that my sheets don't fit my ginormous mattress. It's like 18 inches thick!
After:
The color is a buttery yellow goldenish. This long wall needs help. I haven't hung anything up yet because I haven't found anything that 'speaks to me' yet. I'm thinking maybe a picture collage. Any ideas? Oh, you know what would go great above my dresser? A large mirror! Too bad I had one and my husband gave it away in the move! Darn it!! Never let your husband move your stuff without you.
Just threw this pic in for fun. This is my light above my bathroom sink. Isn't is lovely? Did I mention my house is probably about 30 years old? Can you tell by this fixture?
Yes, it will be replaced. I'll post pics when we get around to doing that.

After:

A close up of my homemade sign. There's that darn light fixture again. Just can't get enough.

I'm not worried about the next blank wall because I'm going to be putting up a beadboard & molding headboard that will take up most the space. It'll be so sweeeeeet:

After:

4 comments:

Erika Cluff said...

Wow! It looks so much better. Isn't paint the best (and least expensive) way to transform a room. Looks fabulous.

Mom said...

It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!! I love the color! I don't think anyone can really appreciate what a fabulous change it is unless they actually saw the "before" in person!!! I'll be excited to see the bead-board head board (and new light fixture) when it's done. WOW!!!!

Becky said...

This looks AWESOME Andrea! GREAT JOB! I know how hard it is to strip wall paper (we ended up just putting bead board over it! shhhhh, don't tell the new owner! :) ) I love the colors, and I LOVE the sign!

Emily and John said...

Wow! I would've gone NUTS if our bedroom looked like that for 3 years!! It looks so beautiful now! Great job! :)