Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What the . . . ?

How did the non-animal person (me), end up with this living in my house?
I would like to introduce you to our new Shiz Tzu puppy, Charcoal. Or just Coal for short. He is about 4 months old.
Yes, he does look like an alien in these pics. For some reason his eyes do funny things in the flash. If some of you read my daughter's blog, you already know this, but for those of you who don't this was a birthday present for her 11th birthday. She has been begging and begging and begging for a dog. A little, indoor dog mind you. Just for the record, in case you haven't figured it out, I don't really care for pets, outdoor or indoor, but especially indoor animals.

After a trial run with an outdoor labrador in the past (he kept jumping all over the little kids and knocking them down, plus it's just too hot here) I decided that we were never going to have a dog again. Well, being that my husband is completely wrapped around his daughter's finger, he decided-againist my will-to get her a little puppy. I had nothing to do with this.

One alien eye here. It's really hard to get a good pic of a black dog.
So, now we are buying dog food, treats, bones, a dog crate, collar and leash, we were lucky enough to get a doggie door for free, paying for vet visits and shots, bathing him and wiping boogers out of his eyes, and soon we are going to have to pay someone to groom him. Lovely. Oh, and Kaylee is buying a new cord for her Dad's computer. It seems to have been eaten by a scrappy little dog.

Looking a little scruffy here.
Although I hate the idea of having an indoor pet (my family members are all probably shocked and appalled upon reading that I have allowed an animal to live in my home) he really is a good dog. Really. And pretty cute too.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I have to admit that Coal is definitely an adorable little puppy. Will he stay that small?

As for being "shocked and appalled" about an animal living in your house...I can't really say too much since we now (temporarily) have an indoor cat! Fortunately, she is very quiet and is litter-box trained, so she hasn't been a problem at all. And, the truth be told, I think that Dad is really going to miss her when John and Emily move out! :-D